A lot of debate has been made about fluorescent light, and whether or not it is able to do what it claims. Currently, a quarter of any home’s electrical consumption is done through light bulbs. Think about the savings that gives you over time. This article will discuss fluorescent light, its origin, and its advantages over other comparable light bulbs.
Where it all began
All the key features of fluorescent lighting were ready by the end of the 1920s. Countless years of creation and improvement had provided the crucial workings of fluorescent lamps.
Fluorescent lamps are gas-discharge lamps that excite mercury vapor through the use of electricity. These mercury atoms cause a phosphor to fluoresce by creating a short wave of ultraviolet light, and thus produce visible light.
Larger fluorescent lamp fixtures are normally used in industrial, institutional or commercial buildings. The fluorescent lamp is now available in the same standard sizes as incandescent bulbs.
Why use fluorescent lights
- A fluorescent light uses lesser energy than a comparably bright incandescent bulb.
- Relying on fluorescent lights ‘may’ cut mercury released into the air each year.
- The Energy Department has recommended fluorescent bulbs. If all homes in America exchanged even a single 60-watt incandescent bulb for a similarly bright compact fluorescent light bulb, it would conserve energy comparable to what is needed to light more than or equal to three million residences.
- One 18-watt fluorescent light bulb provides the life of a 75-watt incandescent bulb and last 10 times longer.
- Although the buying price is higher than its lifespan, 18-watt fluorescent light bulbs save 80 pounds of coal which are utilized to create electricity.
- Fluorescent lighting is an electric lamp that utilizes neon gas and mercury to produce chemical reactions. On the other hand, incandescent bulbs of standard manufacture react to heat in order to work.
- Fluorescent lighting is 66% cheaper than regular lighting while providing the same brightness.
Other essential accessories
When purchasing fluorescent lighting products, there are two very important accessories you will need: fluorescent light covers and fluorescent ballasts.
- Fluorescent light covers are covers made to hide the gears of the bulb and enhance their appearance. They are mostly made of acrylic and they are more hard-wearing and effective than older versions made of polystyrene. These fluorescent light covers will help you uniformly disperse the light, save cash, and enhance the appearance of any home, office, or even school. They are also easy to install.
- One needs to have efficient fluorescent light ballast installed for fluorescent light fixtures to work well. Ballasts for these types of lights are naturally costly, which is why a number of lights can share a single ballast. For your ballast needs, you can get the Advance Ballast from Philips.
Fluorescent light is a clear choice for those who want to save money and potentially save lives. Fluorescent lighting is typically not respected for its ability. Although the initial price is higher, the long term savings are staggering.
Learn about Advance Ballasts and other tools by visiting our homepage
Need help with Advance Ballasts? Visit out home page for help.